Wednesdays in Mississippi: A Panel Discussion
University of Houston-Main will lead a panel discussion titled, "Wednesdays in Mississippi: Opening Dialogues across Race, Region, and Religion Then and Now." The event will take place on Monday, March 7, from 4-6 p.m. in The Honors College, MD Anderson Library.
The panel will comprise current activists, historians and more. They will identify the methods employed by the civil rights group, Wednesdays in Mississippi, as well as consider the efficacy of using its methods to bridge the differences in today's diverse society. Attendees will also view clips from the Wednesday in Mississippi documentary film.
The panelists will include:
- Josie Johnson, current activist
- Debbie Z. Harwell, historian
- Marlene McCurtis, producer/director
- Susie Stedman, advocate
- Natalie Garza, professor
- Kafa Bacharl, writer/attorney
- Eureka Gllkey, executive director of Project Row Houses