Updated: Learn About UHD's High-Impact Practices at Friday's Showcase
The UHD High-Impact Practices (HIP) Committee would like to invite the university community to attend the third annual High-Impact Practices Showcase from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, April 11.
The table display is from 10 to 11:30 a.m. in the Academic Building third floor by the mural and the Auditorium. The HIPs Showcase presentations are from 1 to 3 p.m. in the Auditorium.
Faculty, staff and student presenters will be available throughout the event to discuss their HIP experiences. We hope you will attend to the support the showcase participants, share teaching practices with colleagues and celebrate the excellent teaching opportunities we offer our students.Coordinating this event with the Student Research Conference held the same day heightens awareness of UHD student accomplishments.
Faculty and staff displays will be available during the morning session and faculty and staff presentations will be seen during the afternoon session.
During the official welcome, President Flores will present the inaugural President's Community Engagement Award to one faculty and one staff member. UH System Regent Paula Mendoza will also be recognized at this time.
- 1 - 1:20 p.m. - UHD President William V. Flores: Welcome / Presentation of President's Community Engagement Staff & Faculty Award / Recognition of Harmony students / Introduction of Regent Paula Mendoza
- 1:20 - 1:30 p.m. - Gene Preuss: High Impact Practices
- 1:30 - 1:40 p.m. - Poonam Gulati: Enhanced Learning in a Capstone Course
- 1:45 - 1:55 p.m. - Caroline Barbosa: Opportunities through Biofilms
- 2 - 2:15 p.m. - Merrilee Cunningham: Student Clubs and Organizations as High Impact: The Model United Nations Team / The Success Club
- 2:20 - 2:30 p.m. - John Kelly and Colin Dalton: High-Impact Service-Learning in an Urban Teacher Preparation Program: A Grant Funded Literacy Project with Incarcerated Youth
- 2:35 - 2:45 p.m. - Timothy Redl and Jacqueline Sack: The UHD Teacher Quality High Impact Experience in Middle School Mathematics Classrooms: Year Two
- 2:50 - 3 p.m. - Rhonda Scherer: Hybrid PE
- 3:05 - 3:15 p.m. - Amy Baird: Integration of Molecular Genetics Research into the General Genetics Laboratory