International Business Program Earns Ranking
By Sheryl E. Taylor
The accolades keep coming! Once again, the University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) was recently ranked in the top 50 MBA International Business programs in the nation by Online Masters.
Programs selected by Online Masters include curriculum that is delivered in various formats (face-to-face, online and hybrid). UHD's MBA program includes hybrid and face-to-face coursework (team taught by faculty and Corporate Fellows).
To identify the 50 best programs, Online Masters conducts more than 91 hours of research to analyze every online MBA in International Business program, including the consulting of 36 industry experts, hiring manager, current student and alumni.
The methodology is based on the following:
Academic Quality (40%):
- Academic Metrics (included by limited to: graduation rate, retention rate, enrollment rate, number of graduates)
- Online Programs (number of online programs offered)
- Faculty Credentials & Training (instructors with academic credentials that are on par with those of on-campus instructors)
Student Success (40%):
- Graduation Reputation (polling and assessment survey of current students and alumni)
- Student Engagement (quality of instructor accessibility and responsiveness)
- Student Services & Technology (incorporation of diverse online learned tools and technologies
- Average Net Cost (total cost of tuition, textbooks and other required costs for enrollment and graduation)
- Percent students with loans and default rate (percent of students who take out loans and students with defaulted loans upon graduation)
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) is the second-largest university in Houston and has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974. As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive, four-year university led by President Loren J. Blanchard. Annually, UHD educates approximately 14,000 students, boasts more than 66,000 alumni, and offers 45 bachelor’s degrees, 12 master’s degrees, and 19 online programs within four colleges: Marilyn Davies College of Business, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Public Service, and College of Sciences and Technology. UHD has one of the lowest tuition rates in Texas.
U.S. News and World Report ranked UHD among the nation’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Applied Administration and Best Online Master’s Programs in Criminal Justice, as well as a Top Performer in Social Mobility. The Wall Street Journal/College Pulse ranked UHD one of the best colleges in the U.S. for its 2024 rankings, with notable distinctions: No. 1 for diversity (tied) and No. 3 for student experience. The University is designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, a Minority-Serving Institution, and a Military Friendly School. For more information on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit uhd.edu.