International Business Program Earns Ranking
By Sheryl E. Taylor
The accolades keep coming! Once again, the University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) was recently ranked in the top 50 MBA International Business programs in the nation by Online Masters.
Programs selected by Online Masters include curriculum that is delivered in various formats (face-to-face, online and hybrid). UHD's MBA program includes hybrid and face-to-face coursework (team taught by faculty and Corporate Fellows).
To identify the 50 best programs, Online Masters conducts more than 91 hours of research to analyze every online MBA in International Business program, including the consulting of 36 industry experts, hiring manager, current student and alumni.
The methodology is based on the following:
Academic Quality (40%):
- Academic Metrics (included by limited to: graduation rate, retention rate, enrollment rate, number of graduates)
- Online Programs (number of online programs offered)
- Faculty Credentials & Training (instructors with academic credentials that are on par with those of on-campus instructors)
Student Success (40%):
- Graduation Reputation (polling and assessment survey of current students and alumni)
- Student Engagement (quality of instructor accessibility and responsiveness)
- Student Services & Technology (incorporation of diverse online learned tools and technologies
- Average Net Cost (total cost of tuition, textbooks and other required costs for enrollment and graduation)
- Percent students with loans and default rate (percent of students who take out loans and students with defaulted loans upon graduation)
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) – the second-largest university in Houston – has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974.
As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive four-year university led by President Loren J. Blanchard. Annually, UHD educates more than 15,000 students; boasts more than 61,000 alumni and offers 45 bachelor’s, nine master’s degree programs and 16 fully online programs within five colleges (Marilyn Davies College of Business; Humanities & Social Sciences; Public Service; Sciences & Technology; and University College).
For the fourth consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report ranks UHD among universities across the nation for Best Online Criminal Justice Programs (No. 27 and No. 15 for Veterans) and Best Online Bachelor’s Programs.
UHD has the most affordable tuition among four-year universities in Houston and one of the lowest in Texas. U.S. News ranked the University among Top Performers on Social Mobility and awarded UHD a No. 1 ranking as the most diverse institution of higher education in the southern region of the U.S. The University is noted nationally as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, Minority-Serving Institution and Military Friendly School. For more on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit www.uhd.edu.