UHD MBA Students Succeed
Every semester, students in the final stages of their MBA program compete in a strategic management simulation. April 25 through May 1, three teams of University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) MBA students competed against students from the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth College, University of Virginia, New York University, Rutgers University, and Washington University is St. Louis.
Two UHD teams placed in the Business Strategy Game Global Top 100, and one team tied for first position. "I look at myself as a guide, and I strongly believe that most of the students are capable of achieving their full potential and producing great results if they are guided in the right direction," said Anand Pore, UHD assistant professor of management, marketing and business administration.
UHD MBA student Ruth Obando said, "Seemingly complicated challenges become easy when you get to work with a great team in which each member's strengths are valued and allowed to shine." Obando attributed the success of the simulation to the collaboration and dedication of her team members. "I am thankful for Dr. Pore's commitment to our personal growth and success. I am honored to receive this award and to be a part of the UHD MBA program."
The UHD MBA students' Business Strategy Game global ranking for the week of April 25 through May 1 is as follows:
The co-managers of Bumble and Bee (Company B) Ali Dalal, Maria Obando-Melo and Ka Lung Tsui - earned a Global Top 100 ranking on the following performance criteria:
- Overall Game-to-Date Score: 110.0 tied for the best Overall Score performance of the week, worldwide.
- Earnings Per Share (EPS): $30.51 was the 10th best EPS performance of the week, worldwide.
- Stock Price: $534.35 was the 14th best Stock Price performance of the week, worldwide.
The co-managers of COOL SHOES (Company C) Romario Bento and Hong Wang earned a Global Top 100 ranking on the following performance criteria:
- Earnings Per Share (EPS): $21.72 was the 44th best EPS performance of the week, worldwide.
- Stock Price: $402.08 was the 41st best Stock Price performance of the week, worldwide.