UHD, H-E-B Host COVID-19 & Flu Vaccine Clinic Tuesday, Oct. 4
The University of Houston-Downtown and H-E-B are hosting a COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Clinic for the UHD community and public from 5 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 4.
Register online to receive one of the following vaccines:
- Pfizer updated booster
- Wear a mask!
- This is a paperless process—the vaccination consent form is part of the scheduling tool.
- Participants need to complete the consent form accurately and completely.
- Employees who use the registration link will not need to complete the consent form the day of the clinic.
- The link will allow signup for both flu and updated Pfizer COVID booster in the same appointment time as long both vaccines are selected. See image at right for which booster to select—listed as C19: Pfizer Updated Booster (12 YO+). (You can mix and match booster vaccines, so it doesn’t matter which vaccinations you’ve had previously.)
- Walk-ins will be allowed if there is an open appointment slot or at the end of all scheduled appointments, if time permits. Consent forms will be available onsite for walk-ups only.
- Most insurance companies cover the flu shot for $0. Pharmacy and medical insurance cards are required—please bring them with you to the clinic. Those who are uninsured can pay with exact cash, check with driver’s license, or via Zelle or Venmo.
- Costs for the standard quad flu shot are as follows:
- Faculty/Staff: $44
- Students: $29
For your convenience, the Curative testing kiosk outside the Jesse H. Jones Student Life Center is still open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and is free of charge. Proof of insurance and identification are required. Register for an appointment here.
For more information on vaccines and testing, visit our website.
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) is the second-largest university in Houston and has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974. As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive, four-year university led by President Loren J. Blanchard. Annually, UHD educates approximately 14,000 students, boasts more than 66,000 alumni, and offers 45 bachelor’s degrees, 12 master’s degrees, and 19 online programs within four colleges: Marilyn Davies College of Business, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Public Service, and College of Sciences and Technology. UHD has one of the lowest tuition rates in Texas.
U.S. News and World Report ranked UHD among the nation’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Applied Administration and Best Online Master’s Programs in Criminal Justice, as well as a Top Performer in Social Mobility. The Wall Street Journal/College Pulse ranked UHD one of the best colleges in the U.S. for its 2024 rankings, with notable distinctions: No. 1 for diversity (tied) and No. 3 for student experience. The University is designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, a Minority-Serving Institution, and a Military Friendly School. For more information on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit uhd.edu.