UHD Food Fair Will Supply Free Groceries on March 12
The University of Houston-Downtown in partnership with the Houston Food Bank will host a Food Fair on Friday, March 12. Scheduled from 1 - 4 p.m. – or while supplies last – UHD students, faculty and staff may obtain free groceries during a drive-by pickup. The event will be held on Girard Street between the UHD Police Station and Visitor Parking Lot. Food recipients are encouraged to arrive no earlier than 12:30 p.m.
Food recipients must register to receive supplies. Two options to register are available: via text (the preferred method) or using an internet browser.
To register via text message:
- Text the Keyword ‘HFBPS’ to 94502.
- You will receive a link to a survey.
- After you have completed the survey, take a screenshot or bookmark the completion page of the survey.
- Upon your arrival to the distribution on Friday, you will show UHD food distribution staff your survey completion page to receive the food.
To register via computer or Internet browser:
- Complete the Registration Survey.
- Print, screenshot, or take a picture of the survey completion page.
- Upon your arrival to the distribution on Friday, show the UHD food distribution staff your survey completion page to receive the food.
No donations are needed, although volunteers are welcome. Event organizers request assistance between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. to sort items, bag groceries, place bags in vehicles, coordinate registration and handle other jobs as needed. Volunteers may sign up online.
The Food Fair is a demonstrable example of UHD Gators' goodwill, especially during difficult times, and is one of many activities included in UHD's philanthropy during the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. The University hosted a Food Fair in January, and has more planned in the following months. Recently, UHD hosted a pre-holiday Health Fair that provided groceries to Gators, and the institution continues to provide computers and devices to in-need students for online classes.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more details.