The Race Is On! Volunteers Needed
Saint Arnold Art Car IPA 5K April 2
UHD and Saint Arnold Brewing Company are teaming up again on Sunday, April 2 for the annual Art Car IPA 5K celebrating Houston’s colorful Art Car legacy and the race’s namesake beverage.
The annual run joins Houston’s second-largest university with Texas’ oldest craft brewery. The first run, held in November 2021, brought nearly 2,000 Houstonians together for a festival of fun and fitness.
Race Volunteers are needed for various dates and times. Volunteers will receive free beer (21 years+), party pass, and event swag.
The following volunteer options are available:
- March 29 - 31: Runners’ packets distributed at various Greater Houston locations
- Saturday, April 1: Runners’ packets distributed at UHD and various locations
- Race Day Duties, Sunday April 2:
- Volunteer check-in at Saint Arnold Brewing Company
- Flex volunteers/fill-ins (assist with tasks as assigned)
- Course monitors (direct runners during run)
- Water stop on 5K course (set up/take down water tent)
- Finish line team (distribute finisher medals to runners crossing the finishing line)
- Awards assistance (organize and distribute awards to runners)
- Site clean-up (take down race signage, load supplies onto trucks)
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) is the second-largest university in Houston and has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974. As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive, four-year university led by President Loren J. Blanchard. Annually, UHD educates approximately 14,000 students, boasts more than 66,000 alumni, and offers 45 bachelor’s degrees, 12 master’s degrees, and 19 online programs within four colleges: Marilyn Davies College of Business, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Public Service, and College of Sciences and Technology. UHD has one of the lowest tuition rates in Texas.
U.S. News and World Report ranked UHD among the nation’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Applied Administration and Best Online Master’s Programs in Criminal Justice, as well as a Top Performer in Social Mobility. The Wall Street Journal/College Pulse ranked UHD one of the best colleges in the U.S. for its 2024 rankings, with notable distinctions: No. 1 for diversity (tied) and No. 3 for student experience. The University is designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, a Minority-Serving Institution, and a Military Friendly School. For more information on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit uhd.edu.