Thank You, Gator Family!
By Sandra Jacobson
Manager, UHD Annual Giving
Thank you, Gator Family, for supporting UHD through the 2022 Give To Gators Faculty & Staff Giving Campaign!
More than 35 percent of UHD employees participated in the campaign – surpassing last year’s participation rate. Every single student I’ve talked to about this #GatorLove is encouraged to know that so many of our faculty and staff donate to the programs and scholarships at UHD that are aimed at student success.
Together, we make an impressive impact! Over 400 faculty and staff members donated or pledged amounts ranging from $1 to $3,600 to support 109 different funds covering every college, program, and most of the available scholarships. Popular funds include the Food For Change Market, UHD’s General Scholarship Fund, and local favorites like the Marketing Excellence Fund and the IT Scholarship Fund. Collectively, our gifts total more than $62,894.22.
Give To Gators campaign relies on our committee to achieve these goals. On behalf of the students who benefit most from their service, I extend sincere thanks to the Give To Gators Committee Members who help plan each year’s campaign, spread the word throughout their divisions, and donate and ask their colleagues to support UHD. We truly couldn’t do it without you!
- Dr. Nina Barbieri, College of Public Service
- Dr. Edmund Cueva, College of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Lt. Trinity Delafance, UHD Police Department
- Linda Harris, Facilities Management
- Belinda Hernandez, Marilyn Davies College of Business
- Donnie Kesterson, Employment Services & Operations
- Tremaine Kwasikpui, Student Activities
- John Lane, Information Technology
- Leah Long, Academic Affairs
- Courtney Lundgren, Enrollment Management
- Rosmery Perez, Academic Affairs
- Dr. Bernardo Pohl, College of Public Service
- Dr. Lucille Pointer, Marilyn Davies College of Business
- Dr. Timothy Redl, College of Sciences & Technology
- Vanessa Rojas, College of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Dr. Rhonda Scherer, Sports & Fitness
- Mary Torres, University Business Services
- Charis Vierira, W.I. Dykes Library
The Division of Enrollment Management took on a special challenge and achieved 100 percent staff participation in this year’s campaign. GO, ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT!
While the formal campaign has ended, your gifts are always welcomed year-round. If you missed this opportunity, but still wish to participate, please contact Sandra Jacobson, Manager of UHD Annual Giving, at email@example.com or 713-221-8184!
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)—the second-largest university in Houston—has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974.
As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive four-year university led by President Loren J. Blanchard. Annually, UHD educates more than 15,000 students; boasts more than 61,000 alumni and offers 45 bachelor’s, nine master’s degree programs and 16 fully online programs within five colleges (Marilyn Davies College of Business; Humanities & Social Sciences; Public Service; Sciences & Technology; and University College).
For the fourth consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report ranks UHD among universities across the nation for Best Online Criminal Justice Programs (No. 27 and No. 15 for Veterans) and Best Online Bachelor’s Programs.
UHD has the most affordable tuition among four-year universities in Houston and one of the lowest in Texas. U.S. News ranked the University among Top Performers on Social Mobility and a No. 1 ranking as the most diverse institution of higher education in the southern region of the U.S. The University is noted nationally as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, Minority-Serving Institution and Military Friendly School. For more on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit www.uhd.edu.