Students Can Earn Gift Cards for Taking Tech Test
Hey students - you can earn cash for telling us how smart you are and helping the university! That's an offer you can't refuse.
We need a large group of UHD seniors (students who have earned 90 or more semester credit hours) to take a standardized exam about technology, called the iSkills exam. The exam takes about an hour to complete and many students finish in less time.
As a "thank you," every student who completes the test will receive a $25 gift card that can be used to purchase just about anything, anywhere. Also, the students who score in the top five percent will receive a $100 gift card. Each student will also receive a certificate documenting their information literacy skills, which can be included in a resume or graduate school application. The test has no impact on your GPA or degree plan.
You may take the iSkills exam any time during the following hours at the UHD Testing Center:
- Monday, March 3, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 4, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 5, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday, March 6, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday, March 7, 8-10 a.m.
- Spring Break Week, March 10-13, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Monday, March 17, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 18, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 19, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday, March 20, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday, March 21, 8-10 a.m.
- Monday, March 24, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 25, 8 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 26, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday, March 27, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Friday, March 28, 8-10 a.m.
To participate, go to Testing Services at either the main campus (S-280 in the One Main Building) or at the Northwest Campus (B12.233), during the designated hours. Show them a photo ID and they will have your name on a list of eligible seniors. Acceptable ID's include your UHD ID or any other non-expired government issued, such as a driver's license, state-issued ID card or passport. It will also be helpful if you take a copy of this to Testing Services.
The Testing Center has asked us to remind testers of the following rules that should be observed during testing:
· No food, beverages, or tobacco products allowed.
· No wireless communications devices, listening devices, or copying devices are allowed in the test room. Students who bring in such devices will be asked to turn them in to the front desk.
· Scratch paper will be provided; but cannot be taken out of the testing area.
If you'd like to have additional information about iSkills or the testing process, please call 713-226-5548 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks again for volunteering and for helping UHD become a stronger institution for students.