Staff Council Announces 2015 Homecoming Office-Decorating Contest
UHD Staff Council and the UHD Homecoming Committee invite faculty and staff to participate in the 2015 Homecoming Office-Decorating Contest. The contest is one of many events taking place during UHD's Homecoming Week, Oct. 19-24.
Participating departments will decorate their offices to complement this year's theme, "Gator Strong!"
See below for contest rules and details:
1. Deadline to submit entry form: Wednesday, Oct. 14, 5 p.m.
2. Decorating must be complete by Tuesday, Oct. 20, at 12 p.m.
3. One entry per department.
4. All offices must abide by the safety rules set forth by UHD, to include safety codes.
5. Departments may utilize supplies they currently have or purchase supplies at their own expense.
6. Judging will take place throughout UHD Homecoming Week.
7. The winner will be announced at the UHD Staff Council town hall meeting to be held Friday, Oct. 23, 2-3:30 p.m., in the auditorium. Photos will also appear in Skyline News.
8. A trophy and a UHD 2015 banner will be given to the first-place winner. The trophy will be showcased in the winning department during the 2015-2016 academic year and passed along to next year's winner.
Entries will be judged on several criteria, including:
1. Incorporation of the 2015 Gator Strong! theme
2. Demonstration of school spirit
3. Use of UHD name and/or images
4. Impact of the decorations all week, not just on day of judging
To participate in the office decorating contest, please submit the electronic entry form by Wednesday, Oct. 14, at 5 p.m.