Skyline News Invites Students, Faculty, Staff to Submit Stories
Skyline News is the primary campus news source for the University of Houston-Downtown. It is a forum where we applaud the accomplishments of students, faculty and staff; share important campus updates; and keep the community up-to-date on the latest happenings at UHD.
We look to you, our readers, to keep us informed about what is going on in your departments, classrooms, laboratories, athletic teams and student organizations. We encourage you to submit your story ideas to us via email. While we may not always be able to publish every submission, we will do our best to return your messages.
Here are some suggestions and tips to think about when submitting your Skyline story:
1. Timing and deadlines - If you are submitting a story about an event, try to submit your story about three weeks prior to your scheduled event. This allows time to generate attendance. Event stories are usually published about five to seven days prior to the event date.
2. Graphics - If available, submit a graphic or photo with the story including the names and titles of those in the photo(s). Photos should be no more than 750 pixels in width or height.
3. Article length - Most Skyline stories are about 250-300 words, but they can be longer if necessary to convey important details.
4. Basic details - Answer journalism's five W's: who, what, when, where and why. Include noteworthy information about participants and/or speakers.
5. Contact information - Let us know with whom and how to follow up. Include a name, title, phone number and email address.
We look forward to hearing from you and delivering all the good news that is sure to come in 2015.