Scholars Academy to Host Annual Student Research Conference
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) and the Scholars Academy will present the 15th annual student research conference Friday, April 8, 2016, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The sessions begin in the Robertson Auditorium with oral presentations, and move to room A300, where nearly 100 students will present posters representing a years' worth of mentored research projects.
The 2016 Student Research Conference is a professional opportunity for undergraduate students to engage in discourse supportive of their career aspirations. Everyone is encouraged to attend and learn more about the research conducted by these esteemed UHD students.
- 8 - 8:30 a.m. - Registration and Continental Breakfast (Coffee House)
- 8:30 a.m. - Dr. Mary Jo Parker, Director, Scholars Academy, UHD
- 8:35 a.m. - Welcoming Remarks, Dr. Michael A. Olivas, UHD Interim President
- 8:40 a.m. - Dr. Akif Uzman, Dean, College of Sciences and Technology, UHD
Dr. Barry Garrett Endowed Scholarship 2016 Recipient - James McHenry Recognition of Family and the Student Recipient
- 9 a.m. - Ed Hugetz, Provost, UHD
Welcoming Remarks on High Impact Activities (Auditorium)
- 9:10 a.m. - Dr. Poonam Gulati Salholtra, Interim Director, Center for Community
Engagement and Service Learning
Introduction of Keynote Speaker (Auditorium)
- 9:15 a.m. - Claudia Jimenez Sturman, Ph.D., UHD Alumnus
- 9:45 a.m. - Oral Presentations (Auditorium)
- 11:15 a.m. - Introductions by Drs. Weining Feng and Chynette Nealy, SRC Co-Chairs
- 11:30 p.m. - Dr. Mary Jo Parker, Director, Scholars Academy
UHD Introduction of External Community Speaker Ms. Tuwanda Smith, Program Manager Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- 11:45 p.m. - Lunch Break (New Welcome Center , Travis and Milam rooms)
- 1:15 - 3:15 p.m. - Open Poster Sessions (Room A300)