Scheduled Power Outage, Utility Shutdown Next Month
In support of a routine electrical infrastructure maintenance and to verify the proper operation of emergency systems (generators, power, lights, elevators, fire detection/suppression and IT equipment) the Facilities Management Department will perform a utility shutdown between 11 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 27, and 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 30.
The One Main Building, Academic Building, Student Life Center, Commerce Street Building, Shea Street Building and Willow Street Pump Station will all be directly impacted at different times during this period.
- This scheduled power outage is for routine electrical infrastructure maintenance and to verify the proper operation of emergency systems (generators, power, lights, elevators, fire detection/suppression and IT equipment).
- The buildings' elevators, air conditioning, water, power, and light systems will be out of service, therefore all campus buildings will be closed for the duration of the shutdown.
- All critical IT systems are expected to be available remotely during this period.
- Faculty and staff will be able to access all e-services from off-campus locations.
- Due to the expected length of this power outage, please take this opportunity to empty all contents from refrigerators and freezers.
- Faculty and staff are also reminded to turn off all electrical devices (including computers, radios, lights, lamps) when leaving your work area prior to Sunday, Dec. 27.
- Facilities Management, Police, and Information Technology staff will be the only personnel permitted in the campus buildings during this closure.
- UHD Police will be coordinating communications at this time and will be available at 713-221-8065 or 713-221-1028 (713-221-8911 for emergencies).
For additional information, please contact Chris McCall, assistant vice president for the Department of Facilities Management, or call ext. 8030.