Put a Fork in It: New Campus Dining Options in 2023
UHD Auxiliary Services’ Director Bob Browand announced several Dining Services changes for Spring 2023.
- New Food Choices: Pizza, breakfast tacos, and breakfast sandwiches? Yes, these items are now available at the Academic Building Food Court (Gator Bite Café).
- New “GatorCash Incentive Dollars” Program: Let UHD put money in your GatorCash account with this new incentive program, designed to help offset the cost of eating on campus.
- “Boost Mobile Ordering” Refresh: Boost, the app that allows you to skip the lines by ordering and paying for your meal in advance online, is now available for Mondos Subs and Burger 713. To help promote this refresh, Auxiliary Services is running a special promotion for first-time users — use code UHD23 to get 15% off your first order!
Don’t forget the other new food concepts introduced last Fall:
- Shea Street Café Express, a self-serve mini-mart opened on the first floor of the Marilyn Davies College of Business.
- Two grand openings occurred: SciTech Café, featuring Peet’s Coffee, in the College of Sciences & Technology and Mondos Subs in the Gator Bite Café.
- Nachos and ice cream returned to the Academic Building Food Court (Gator Bite Café).
Dust off your Gator Card and give one of these new dining options a try!
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) is the second-largest university in Houston and has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974. As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive, four-year university led by President Loren J. Blanchard. Annually, UHD educates approximately 14,000 students, boasts more than 66,000 alumni, and offers 45 bachelor’s degrees, 12 master’s degrees, and 19 online programs within four colleges: Marilyn Davies College of Business, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Public Service, and College of Sciences and Technology. UHD has one of the lowest tuition rates in Texas.
U.S. News and World Report ranked UHD among the nation’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Applied Administration and Best Online Master’s Programs in Criminal Justice, as well as a Top Performer in Social Mobility. The Wall Street Journal/College Pulse ranked UHD one of the best colleges in the U.S. for its 2024 rankings, with notable distinctions: No. 1 for diversity (tied) and No. 3 for student experience. The University is designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, a Minority-Serving Institution, and a Military Friendly School. For more information on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit uhd.edu.