Provost Search Committee Announcement
Dear Faculty and Staff:
I am pleased to report on the status of UHD's search for a permanent senior vice president for Academic Affairs and provost. While we are following an aggressive timeline to fill the position, our singular focus is identifying the right match for our University.
Members of the search committee include:
- Dr. Gene Preuss, president of the Faculty Senate, Co-Chair
- Johanna Wolfe, vice president for Advancement and External Relations, Co-Chair
- Dr. Ermelinda Delavina, associate dean, College of Sciences and Technology
- Dr. DoVeanna Fulton, dean, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Dr. Gary Greer, assistant dean, Advising and Mentoring Center
- Dr. Susan Henney, associate professor, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Dr. Peter Li, associate professor, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Dr. Angela Lopez Pedrana, associate professor, College of Public Service
- Dr. Beth Pelz, dean, College of Public Service
- Cynthia Santos, registrar and interim director, Enrollment Services
- Dr. Kurt Stanberry, professor, College of Business
- Dr. William Waller, associate dean, University College
- Dr. Marvin Williams, professor, College of Business
This month, we also hired one of the nation's top 10 executive search firms, Witt/Kieffer, to help us find the best candidate and fit for UHD. This firm is the largest of its kind specializing in senior-level executive searches for higher education, health care, academic medicine and not-for-profit organizations. Witt/Kieffer's higher education practice specializes in searches for presidents, chancellors, provosts, deans, senior advancement officers and directors of major academic and administrative units. With more than 40 years of experience and nearly 500 executive search assignments annually, I am confident that this firm will identify the best pool of national candidates for this important position.
We plan to bring candidates to campus for interviews this semester with the goal of beginning the fall 2013 semester with the new provost in place.
Multiple constituencies in the University community will have the opportunity to meet final candidates and provide valuable input throughout the process. More information will be provided to you as the search progresses.
On behalf of UHD, I am grateful to Ed Hugetz for agreeing to serve as interim provost and I thank him for the energy and commitment he has brought to the role.
I look forward to finding the best academic leader for the permanent position and to working with you to accomplish this goal.