MDCOB and ALPFA Houston Present: ‘Closing the Gap—C-Suite Leadership Panel’ July 27
Join the Marilyn Davies College of Business (MDCOB) in welcoming ALPFA Houston to campus July 27 as they present ‘Closing the Gap—C-Suite Leadership Panel.’ The fireside chat and panel discussion will focus on the growing Hispanic population in the workforce and how they can achieve better representation in C-suites and corporate boardrooms.
ALPFA Houston invites UHD students, faculty, and staff to attend for free! Don't miss your chance to hear from an impressive lineup of C-suite speakers, including:
- Daniel Villao, Chief Executive Officer, Intelligent Partnerships (fireside chat)
- John Moseley, Port Houston, Chief Commercial Officer (Panelist)
- Jesus Soto, EVP at Quanta Services (Panelist)
- Andres Baquerizo, serves as a Deloitte Audit C-Suite executive for Mexico/Latin America (Panelist)
- Thania Gonzalez, CFO—Harris County Toll Road Authority (Panelist)
Special guest Laura Murillo, President & CEO Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, will also hold a fireside chat at the event. She'll also do a book signing and will give away 40 copies of her book Lead in Life, People. Passion. Persistence: Succeed in the New Era of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (first come, first served). (After the free books are exhausted, she will have extras on hand for purchase.)
Beverages and hors d’oeuvres will be offered at 6 p.m. in the Sky Lounge, and Dr. Jonathan Davis, MDCOB Acting Dean, will welcome attendees in the Auditorium at 6:30 p.m.
- Date: Thursday July, 27
- Time: 6–8:30 p.m.
- Location: UHD Academic Building Room A450 (Auditorium)
- Parking: Visitor parking available in the Visitor Garage; enter on Girard Street
- Cost to attend:
- Paid ALPFA members: FREE
- UHD students, faculty, staff: FREE
- Non-ALPFA members: $25 (+$3.52)
- Students other than paid ALPFA student members: $10 (+$2.51)
- RSVP Eventbrite link: Closing the Gap—Executive Leadership Discussion Tickets
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) is the second-largest university in Houston and has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974. As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive, four-year university led by President Loren J. Blanchard. Annually, UHD educates approximately 14,000 students, boasts more than 66,000 alumni, and offers 45 bachelor’s degrees, 12 master’s degrees, and 19 online programs within four colleges: Marilyn Davies College of Business, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Public Service, and College of Sciences and Technology. UHD has one of the lowest tuition rates in Texas.
U.S. News and World Report ranked UHD among the nation’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Applied Administration and Best Online Master’s Programs in Criminal Justice, as well as a Top Performer in Social Mobility. The Wall Street Journal/College Pulse ranked UHD one of the best colleges in the U.S. for its 2024 rankings, with notable distinctions: No. 1 for diversity (tied) and No. 3 for student experience. The University is designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, a Minority-Serving Institution, and a Military Friendly School. For more information on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit uhd.edu.