MDCOB & Latina Power Academy Host ‘Elevate the Powerful Leader Within’
Latinas of all majors, you’re invited to join the Marilyn Davies College of Business (MDCOB) and Power on Heels Fund Inc. (POHF) on Saturday, July 15, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for Elevate the Powerful Leader Within. Registration and lunch are free!
- Date: July 15
- Time: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Location: MDCOB Room B113 (first floor) and third-floor lounge
- Registration and event details: POHF Latina Power Academy—Elevate the Powerful Leader Within
Designed by and for Latinas, this event will help attendees become more effective leaders in this one-day workshop:
- Develop a personalized, strengths-based leadership growth plan.
- Expand your circle of influence.
- Gain tools and skills to make a positive impact on your team, organization, and community.
What You Can Expect
Presentations and conversation around modern leadership topics, including:
- Uncovering adaptive leadership styles.
- Creating a leadership action plan to support your goal.
- Inspiring others to see your vision.
- Influencing others.
- Advocating for change.
Register today to begin elevating your leadership!
Power On Heels Fund Inc., a local nonprofit organization committed to empowering and supporting women in achieving their career goals, focuses on helping to decrease the gender pay gap and provides specialized programs, mentorship opportunities, and scholarships for female students of all ages, industries, and backgrounds. The organization, which has a partnership with MDCOB, offers annual scholarships to any female student who applies and qualifies by participating in Power on Heels qualifying events. The scholarships are not just for business majors—female students of all majors are invited to participate. For more details, visit the Power on Heels Fund scholarship page.