Join the Fun on Staff Appreciation Day with Houston Astros
University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) will host its first Staff Appreciation Day with the Houston Astros, at 1:10 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28 at Minute Maid Park. Employees can receive free tickets by participating in a UHD Trivia Contest.
Each Friday, for the next three weeks, the UHD Staff Council will email a link to a UHD Trivia Contest. The first 100 staff to answer correctly will receive free tickets to the game.
Winners will be announced in Skyline each Monday evening following the contest. Winners can pick up their tickets at the Staff Council's "Meet & Greet" event on Wednesday, Aug. 17.
Additional details about the Meet & Greet' event coming soon.
Contest & Event Rules
- All non-temporary UHD staff are eligible to participate.
- Only one entry allowed per person.
- Participants may only win once. Limit one ticket per employee.
- The game on Wednesday, Sept. 28 takes place during working hours. For this reason, state law necessitates the following conditions:
- Offices must remain open between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Supervisors will therefore designate a skeleton crew to remain on campus during the event. Staff who cannot attend due to campus staffing requirements, will be eligible to attend another game at 7:10 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 27.
- Employees who attend the Wednesday, Sept. 28 game may not consume alcohol during business hours.
- Winners will be announced in Skyline on Monday.
- Winners can pick up their tickets at Staff Council's "Meet & Greet" on August 17, 2016.