Job Market Asks, UHD Answers
New Undergraduate, Graduate, Certificate Programs Launch Fall 2022
By Laura Wagner
U.S. job openings hit a record high in March, spotlighting the need for workers with the right education, skills, and training to fill those empty positions. UHD is front-running that need with innovative program offerings in Fall 2022 – all geared to educate and upskill students to meet market demands.
Three of UHD’s Colleges will launch job-market-aligned programs in Fall 2022:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Human Resource Management (pending THECB approval) – a credential-aligned approach and the first of its kind offered by a higher education institution in Greater Houston.
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communication (MASC) (pending SACSCOC approval) – a blend of organizational communication, public relations, and media communications with a unique community engagement component.
- Bachelor of Science in Health & Behavioral Sciences – Health & Wellness concentration – an approach that focuses on the growing field of health education and services and the increased awareness of the relationship among mind, body, and behavior.
- Bachelor of Arts in Medical Humanities (BA) – a cross-disciplinary offering designed to prepare professionals from a variety of industries with a patient-centered approach to disease and illness.
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence (MSAI) – one of only six graduate-level AI programs offered in Texas in this high-demand field.
- Graduate Certificate in Quantitative Analysis and Modeling of Risk & Finance (pending SACSCOC approval) – a focused approach to math and statistics to prepare professionals for actuarial/insurance and risk management roles.
For more information on any of the programs listed, contact the appropriate College.
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)—the second-largest university in Houston—has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974.
As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive four-year university led by President Loren J. Blanchard. Annually, UHD educates more than 15,000 students; boasts more than 60,000 alumni and offers 45 bachelor’s, nine master’s degree programs and 16 fully online programs within five colleges (Marilyn Davies College of Business; Humanities & Social Sciences; Public Service; Sciences & Technology; and University College).
For the fourth consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report ranks UHD among universities across the nation for Best Online Criminal Justice Programs (No. 27 and No. 15 for Veterans) and Best Online Bachelor’s Programs.
UHD has the most affordable tuition among four-year universities in Houston and one of the lowest in Texas. U.S. News ranked the University among Top Performers on Social Mobility and a No. 1 ranking as the most diverse institution of higher education in the southern region of the U.S. The University is noted nationally as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, Minority-Serving Institution and Military Friendly School. For more on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit www.uhd.edu.