Homecoming 2018: Can't Hide Our Gator Pride
This year's theme, “Can’t Hide Our Gator Pride,” embodies the spirit, honor and grit of being a Gator at the University of Houston-Downtown (UHD). With an alumni that boasts 46,600+ strong and growing … WE CAN’T HIDE and WON’T HIDE our GATOR PRIDE!
A homecoming committee comprised of University employees, UHD students and our friends from the UHD Bookstore have volunteered their time to create a festive calendar of events.
Homecoming is a recent UHD tradition now entering its fifth year. Students, alumni, faculty, staff and the community come together to celebrate the spirit and pride of UHD Gators.
Homecoming 2018 Events
- Staff Council Office Decorating Contest
- Gator Can-A-Palooza
- Gator Spirit Frenzy (mums, banners, selfies),
- President’s BBQ
- Gator Mixer
- UHD Gator Blue Day & Pep Rally
- UHD Greek Organization Night
- Volleyball Match: UHD vs Houston Community College
- Basketball Game: UHD vs. Rice University
Tail-Gatoring features a gathering of student groups, University departments/offices and alums who will participate in cook-off contests. Families are invited to bring their little Gators to join in the fun and games at the Gator Kids Zone.
How can employees get involved?
- Employees may participate in the Staff Council Office Decorating Contest
- Wear UHD gear on UHD Gator Blue Day and possibly win a spirit prize at the Pep Rally
- Register for the staff vs students volleyball game
- Join in the fun of Tail-Gatoring contents
- Make copies of the attached Calendar of Events on 11x17 size paper and post in your office
To learn more about UHD Homecoming Week events or to volunteer/register for activities, visit www.uhd.edu/homecoming.
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)—the second largest university in Houston—has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974.
As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive four-year university led by Interim President Dr. Antonio D. Tillis. Annually, UHD educates more than 15,000 students; boasts more than 51,000 alumni and offers 44 bachelor’s, nine master’s degree programs and 16 fully online programs within five colleges (Marilyn Davies College of Business; Humanities & Social Sciences; Public Service, Sciences & Technology; and University College).
UHD has the most affordable tuition among four-year universities in Houston and one of the lowest in Texas. The University is noted nationally as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, Minority-Serving Institution and Military Friendly School. For more on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit www.uhd.edu.