Homecoming 2018: Can't Hide Our Gator Pride
This year's theme, “Can’t Hide Our Gator Pride,” embodies the spirit, honor and grit of being a Gator at the University of Houston-Downtown (UHD). With an alumni that boasts 46,600+ strong and growing … WE CAN’T HIDE and WON’T HIDE our GATOR PRIDE!
A homecoming committee comprised of University employees, UHD students and our friends from the UHD Bookstore have volunteered their time to create a festive calendar of events.
Homecoming is a recent UHD tradition now entering its fifth year. Students, alumni, faculty, staff and the community come together to celebrate the spirit and pride of UHD Gators.
Homecoming 2018 Events
- Staff Council Office Decorating Contest
- Gator Can-A-Palooza
- Gator Spirit Frenzy (mums, banners, selfies),
- President’s BBQ
- Gator Mixer
- UHD Gator Blue Day & Pep Rally
- UHD Greek Organization Night
- Volleyball Match: UHD vs Houston Community College
- Basketball Game: UHD vs. Rice University
Tail-Gatoring features a gathering of student groups, University departments/offices and alums who will participate in cook-off contests. Families are invited to bring their little Gators to join in the fun and games at the Gator Kids Zone.
How can employees get involved?
- Employees may participate in the Staff Council Office Decorating Contest
- Wear UHD gear on UHD Gator Blue Day and possibly win a spirit prize at the Pep Rally
- Register for the staff vs students volleyball game
- Join in the fun of Tail-Gatoring contents
- Make copies of the attached Calendar of Events on 11x17 size paper and post in your office
To learn more about UHD Homecoming Week events or to volunteer/register for activities, visit www.uhd.edu/homecoming.
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)—the second largest university in Houston—has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974.
As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive four-year university led by Dr. Juan Sánchez Muñoz. Annually, UHD educates more than 14,000 students; boasts over 45,000 alumni and offers 44 bachelor’s and eight master’s degree programs within five colleges (Marilyn Davies College of Business; Humanities & Social Sciences; Public Service, Sciences & Technology; and University College). In 2018, UHD grew its First Time in College student population by 11 percent and transfer students by 14 percent.
UHD has the most affordable tuition among four-year universities in Houston. It also is ranked among 15 U.S. universities with lowest net price to students (according to the U.S. Department of Education). The University is noted nationally as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution and a Minority-Serving Institution. For more on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit www.uhd.edu.