Holiday Decorating Contest Winners Announced
University of Houston-Downtown’s Staff Council hosted its annual holiday decorating contest and after much deliberation, the winners have been announced.
Twenty-four offices across all three buildings answered the council’s call to deck the halls. A wonderful group of judges collaborated to name winners in five categories. The winners are as follows:
- Most Creative- IT Technical Services, S-825, IT Goes Global
- Most Traditional- MBA Program Office, B-201, Santa’s Workshop
- Most Humorous- Criminal Justice, Humor
- Best Door- IT Surplus, S-819, Grinch
- Best Theme- Environmental Health & Safety and Emergency Management, S-621, Rustic Santa’s Workshop
Special thanks to all the judges:
- Ali Maghoo, college career counselor I - College of Business
- Brooke Lewis, coordinator, Talent Development - Employment Services & Operations
- Chloe Kelly, manager, Annual Giving - Advancement & University Relations
- Donald Kesterson, talent development specialist - Employment Services & Operations
- Erika Harrison, Title IX/Equity & Diversity officer - Office of the President
- Leigha Hughes, manager, Digital Communications - College of Business
- Marcus Hooks, administrative assistant I -Humanities & Social Sciences
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) – the second-largest university in Houston – has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974.
As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive four-year university led by President Loren J. Blanchard. Annually, UHD educates more than 15,000 students; boasts more than 61,000 alumni and offers 45 bachelor’s, nine master’s degree programs and 16 fully online programs within five colleges (Marilyn Davies College of Business; Humanities & Social Sciences; Public Service; Sciences & Technology; and University College).
For the fourth consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report ranks UHD among universities across the nation for Best Online Criminal Justice Programs (No. 27 and No. 15 for Veterans) and Best Online Bachelor’s Programs.
UHD has the most affordable tuition among four-year universities in Houston and one of the lowest in Texas. U.S. News ranked the University among Top Performers on Social Mobility and awarded UHD a No. 1 ranking as the most diverse institution of higher education in the southern region of the U.S. The University is noted nationally as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, Minority-Serving Institution and Military Friendly School. For more on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit www.uhd.edu.