Holiday Decorating Contest Winners Announced
University of Houston-Downtown’s Staff Council hosted its annual holiday decorating contest and after much deliberation, the winners have been announced.
Twenty-four offices across all three buildings answered the council’s call to deck the halls. A wonderful group of judges collaborated to name winners in five categories. The winners are as follows:
- Most Creative- IT Technical Services, S-825, IT Goes Global
- Most Traditional- MBA Program Office, B-201, Santa’s Workshop
- Most Humorous- Criminal Justice, Humor
- Best Door- IT Surplus, S-819, Grinch
- Best Theme- Environmental Health & Safety and Emergency Management, S-621, Rustic Santa’s Workshop
Special thanks to all the judges:
- Ali Maghoo, college career counselor I - College of Business
- Brooke Lewis, coordinator, Talent Development - Employment Services & Operations
- Chloe Kelly, manager, Annual Giving - Advancement & University Relations
- Donald Kesterson, talent development specialist - Employment Services & Operations
- Erika Harrison, Title IX/Equity & Diversity officer - Office of the President
- Leigha Hughes, manager, Digital Communications - College of Business
- Marcus Hooks, administrative assistant I -Humanities & Social Sciences
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)—the second largest university in Houston—has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974.
As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive four-year university led by Interim President Dr. Antonio D. Tillis. Annually, UHD educates more than 15,000 students; boasts more than 51,000 alumni and offers 44 bachelor’s, nine master’s degree programs and 16 fully online programs within five colleges (Marilyn Davies College of Business; Humanities & Social Sciences; Public Service, Sciences & Technology; and University College).
UHD has the most affordable tuition among four-year universities in Houston and one of the lowest in Texas. The University is noted nationally as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, Minority-Serving Institution and Military Friendly School. For more on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit www.uhd.edu.