Highlights: President's Fall Convocation
This week, UHD President Bill Flores invited all faculty and staff to attend the annual President's Fall Convocation, an opportunity for the University community to celebrate the past year's accomplishments and discuss plans for the future.
Flores highlighted some major achievements of UHD students, faculty and staff in academic year 2014, including:
- A 30 percent increase in graduate program enrollment since last fall;
- The fastest-growing MBA program in Houston, which has increased enrollment from 30 students to more than 750 in only two years;
- The top-five ranking of the Master of Nonprofit Management program on "The Best Schools" list of top online NPM programs in the nation;
- Community Engagement Designation from the Carnegie Foundation, which required meeting increasingly challenging standards this year;
- The reallocation of $2 million to support student retention efforts and the establishment of a retention task force;
- The introduction of two new degree programs - Bachelor of Science in Health & Behavioral Science, and Master of Science in Data Analytics;
- Visits from various global ambassadors, including the deputy head of the European Union delegation to the U.S.;
- and the completion of the new parking garage and welcome center, as well as securing funds for the future STEM building.
Students, faculty and staff can view a video of the full program online by logging in with UHD credentials.