Fall Semester Fire Drills Conducted Oct. 31-Nov. 3
UHD Emergency Management and Police Department will conduct mandatory fire drills Oct. 31 to Nov. 3.
Each drill will last about 15 minutes. For all drills, individuals should evacuate their building via the nearest stairwell/exit. The full drill schedule is shown in the table below. It is also available for download in the upper right portion of this page.
In case of inclement weather, please prepare to evacuate by standing near the closest stairwell/exit; stand to one side of the hallway, leaving a clear path for evaluators to conduct assessments and wait for further instructions.
Special Instructions for Occupants of One Main Building
- Floors 1–3 will evacuate the building according to the schedule shown below.
- Floors 4–10 should stand near the closest stairwell/exit but should not evacuate the building. Stand to one side of the hallway, leaving a clear path for evaluators to conduct assessments.
Special Instructions for Occupants of The Academic Building
- Floors 3-4 will evacuate the building according to the schedule below
- Floors 6-7 should stand near the closest stairwell/exit but should not evacuate the building. Stand to one side of the hallway, leaving a clear path for the evaluators to conduct assessments.
- Take your phones, keys, purses, and any other personal effects with you.
- Bring an umbrella and/or jacket with you (depending on weather conditions).
- Close your office/classroom doors as you leave.
- Proceed quickly and quietly to your exits and assist anyone in need to the safety zones.
- Do not use the elevators to exit the buildings.
- Do not re-enter the buildings until the all clear has been given.
|Tuesday 10/31||9-9:20 a.m.||College of Public Service (Commerce Street Building)||All Floors|
|Tuesday 10/31||9:35-9:50 a.m.||Willow Street Pump Station||First Floor|
|Tuesday 10/31||10:05-10:25 a.m.||Student Life Center||All Floors|
|Wednesday 11/1||9-9:20 a.m.||Wellness & Success Center||All Floors|
|Wednesday 11/1||9:30-9:50 a.m.||Science and Technology Building||All Floors|
|Wednesday 11/1||10:05-10:25 a.m.||Marilyn Davies College of Business (Shea Street Building)||All Floors|
|Thursday 11/2||9-9:20 a.m.||Academic and Girard Street Buildings||Third and Fourth Floors|
|Thursday 11/2||9:25-9:45 a.m.||Academic Building||Sixth and Seventh Floors|
|Friday 11/3||9-9:20 a.m.||One Main Building||Floors 1-3|
|Friday 11/3||9:30-9:50 a.m.||One Main Building||Floors 4-6|
|Friday 11/3||10-10:20 a.m.||One Main Building||Floors 7-9|
|Friday 11/3||10:30-10:50 a.m.||One Main Building||Floors 10-11|
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) is the second-largest university in Houston and has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974. As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive, four-year university led by President Loren J. Blanchard. Annually, UHD educates approximately 14,000 students, boasts more than 66,000 alumni, and offers 45 bachelor’s degrees, 12 master’s degrees, and 19 online programs within four colleges: Marilyn Davies College of Business, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Public Service, and College of Sciences and Technology. UHD has one of the lowest tuition rates in Texas.
U.S. News and World Report ranked UHD among the nation’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Applied Administration and Best Online Master’s Programs in Criminal Justice, as well as a Top Performer in Social Mobility. The Wall Street Journal/College Pulse ranked UHD one of the best colleges in the U.S. for its 2024 rankings, with notable distinctions: No. 1 for diversity (tied) and No. 3 for student experience. The University is designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, a Minority-Serving Institution, and a Military Friendly School. For more information on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit uhd.edu.