Faculty/Staff Annual Giving Campaign Kicks Off with Celebration
March Madness is here! The Faculty/Staff Annual Giving Campaign kicked off Thursday, Feb. 27, with barbeque, music and fun in celebration of raising money for student scholarships and programs.
The Faculty/Staff Annual Giving Campaign allows UHD employees the opportunity to celebrate our students and programs by giving back to UHD. Employees can fill out their pledge cards and make gifts to the Annual Fund during the entire month of March.
During the event, Tim Redl, associate math professor, gave an introduction and shared contribution results from last year and year-to-date. He also introduced the student speaker, Stefani Rodriguez, who is honorary student co-chair and a university scholarship recipient.
Lastly, Dr. Flores spoke about the importance of our faculty and staff contributions and thanked everyone for their continued support.
The committee of UHD faculty and staff that is spearheading the March event include:
- Stefani Rodriguez, Honorary Student Co-Chair
- Tim Redl (College of Science & Technology), Co-chair
- Houghton Brown (College of Business), Co- chair
- Melissa Abram-Jackson (Employee Services & Operations)
- Liza Alonzo (Student Services)
- Susan Henney (College of Humanities & Social Sciences)
- Belinda Hernandez (College of Business)
- Mary Torres (University Business Services)
- Leigh Van Horn (College of Public Service)
- Jaha Williams (Advancement & External Relations)
Proceeds from this campaign will benefit student scholarships, specific college programs or initiatives, the W.I. Dykes Library, Sport & Fitness Student Life Center, and/or an existing endowment funds at the University.