Faculty Senate Awards and Reception Rescheduled for April 26
The annual UHD Faculty Senate Awards and Reception has been moved to Tuesday, April 26. The award ceremony will take place in the Robertson Auditorium from 3-4:40 p.m., followed by the reception in room A300.
Finalists for awards are listed in alphabetical order:
Excellence in Teaching
- Maria Gabriela Bowden, Natural Sciences
- Travis Crone, Social Sciences
- Judith Harris, Criminal Justice
Excellence in Service
- Maria Bhattacharjee, Urban Education
- Susan Henney, Social Sciences
- Vida Robertson, English
Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activity
- Heather Goltz, Social Work
- Bradley Hoge, Natural Sciences
- Plamen Simeonov, Mathematics & Statistics
- Ajay Singh, Natural Sciences
- Dana Smith, Social Work
- Simon Jakubowski, Natural Sciences
"Those who appear on this list are moving forward from a group of extremely talented nominees," said Rachna Sadana, chair of the Faculty Awards Selection Committee. "Choosing finalists and, ultimately, winners in each award category is a challenging task due to the truly exceptional faculty we have at UHD."
Other members of the 2016 UHD Faculty Awards Selection Committee are Amy Baird, Kristen Capuozzo, Lois Dewey, Om Gupta, Felicia Harris, Volodymyr Hrynkiv, Angela Pedrana, Rolando Peláez, Arash Rahmatian, Hsiao-Ming Wang and William Waters.