Faculty Regalia Rental for May Commencement
Spring Commencement is almost here! For faculty members who are participating in the May 18 graduation ceremonies, the UHD Bookstore offers a convenient regalia rental program that is available now.
It is encouraged that faculty place their rental orders with the UHD Bookstore prior to Thursday, April 18 to avoid any late fees. Orders placed prior to this date should arrive the last week of April and will be contacted by phone and email to pick up your regalia at the bookstore.
For any orders placed after May 6:
- additional $10 fee will be added to the order for rush shipping.
- required prepayment (cash, all major credit cards (with valid identification), or a charge to your department via PCard or purchase voucher with prior approval from your department)
Arrangements for delivery of regalia to the graduation is available by the UHD Bookstore. For your convenience, regalia can be returned to the Bookstore the week following commencement.
Regalia Rental Fees
- Master’s (includes cap, gown, tassel, hood): $69.98
- Doctorate (includes tam, gown, tassel, hood): $109.98
Individual Piece Fees
- Master’s Cap, Gown, Tassel: $39.98
- Master’s Hood Only: $29.98
- Master’s Gown Only: $27.98
- Doctorate Cap, Gown, Tassel: $74.98
- Doctorate Hood Only: $34.98
- Doctorate Gown Only: $34.98
- 8 Sided Tam: $44.98
For more information, contact the UHD Bookstore at 713-221-8145.
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)—the second largest university in Houston—has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974.
As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive four-year university led by Dr. Juan Sánchez Muñoz. Annually, UHD educates more than 14,000 students; boasts over 50,000 alumni and offers 44 bachelor’s and eight master’s degree programs within five colleges (Marilyn Davies College of Business; Humanities & Social Sciences; Public Service, Sciences & Technology; and University College). In 2018, UHD grew its First Time in College student population by 11 percent and transfer students by 14 percent.
UHD has the most affordable tuition among four-year universities in Houston. It also is ranked among 15 U.S. universities with lowest net price to students (according to the U.S. Department of Education). The University is noted nationally as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution and a Minority-Serving Institution. For more on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit www.uhd.edu.