Faculty and Staff Invited to Media Training
UHD Faculty and Staff Leaders:
University Relations will host a media training for all UHD faculty members and leaders of Student Affairs departments this Tuesday, Oct. 22 at 2:30 p.m. in A-300.
You are encouraged to attend to learn helpful media relations tips and strategies, including:
- How to best present your research and UHD in a positive light to local, statewide and national audiences
- Why you are never "Off the Record" when speaking to media and why you should never say, "No Comment" to a reporter
- How to speak in efficient "sound bites" that print and broadcast media are likely to use
- The importance of developing key messages based on story angles and how to convey these messages, regardless of the questions asked
- How to work with aggressive reporters while accomplishing your goals for the interview
- Understanding reporters' tight deadlines and how to meet them
- How to work with UHD Media Relations in preparing for media interviews, etc…
If you have questions prior to the media training, please contact Claire Caton, UHD director of media relations, at 713-226-5223 or email@example.com.