Enjoy Your Holidays with Safety in Mind
Greetings UHD Community,
We hope all are doing well during this Holiday Season. Soon, we will be off for the Winter Break. This is a time of the year when we look forward to gathering with family and friends to share a few laughs and celebrate.
It’s true that this year has been quite different, but as you reconnect with others during your celebrations, please remember to keep one very important thing in mind - Be Safe!
Our University Community has worked hard to keep everyone as safe as possible during this pandemic. Please continue to follow best practices to stay healthy, such as wearing a face covering, washing your hands frequently, and staying home if you feel ill.In addition, keep in mind these tips:
- Get your flu shot if you have not already done so.
- Celebrate with people that live in your household. If you do participate in group gatherings, they should be limited to 10 people or less.
- Hold your celebrations in well-ventilated areas or outdoors.
- If you do travel, plan ahead and be aware of your surroundings. Bring extra supplies of masks and sanitizer.
- Plan virtual holiday events.
- Those doing holiday shopping should avoid crowded stores, including during busy sales. Consider online shopping, curbside pick-up, and home delivery options instead.
It is only natural during this time of year to want to participate in various holiday traditions. However, now more than ever, we need to be vigilant, so as to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19.
We encourage you to celebrate the season, but please do so safely and wisely!
Have a happy and healthy holiday!
Department of Emergency Management
University of Houston-Downtown