Ed's Bayou Clean Up This Weekend
By: Mary Ann Cozza
This Saturday will mark the 10th Biannual Ed's Bayou Clean Up at UHD, an event where students work together to beautify and clean "Houston's heart," Buffalo Bayou.
Students, faculty or staff interested in participating in this event should meet at the Student Life Center Saturday, Nov. 10, at 8:30 a.m. It is scheduled to last until 1 p.m.
Last semester, almost 800 pounds of trash and recyclables were collected. This semester's goal is 1000 pounds!
Helpful tips for volunteers:
- Grabbers, plastic bags and gloves will be provided or you may bring your own.
- Long sleeves and long pants are required to avoid contact with poison ivy, poison oak and thorns.
- Shoes must be closed-toe for safety purposes.
- Flip-flops or sandals are not recommended.
- Please bring your own water bottles.
All volunteers will be required to sign a safety and liability waiver at the check-in table on the day of the event. Also, volunteers are encouraged to wear previous years' Ed's Bayou Clean Up shirts, your organizations' shirts or UHD shirts if possible. Lunch, water and refreshments will be provided.
If you have questions, you may contact 832.231.3254. The clean up is sponsored by the Student Government Association, Environmental Club and Geology Club.