Donation Drive Seeks Support for Domestic Violence Victims
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) Staff Council is hosting a holiday donation drive, Dec. 12 - 16, to benefit the Houston Area Women's Center, a non-profit that helps individuals affected by domestic and sexual violence in their efforts to move their lives forward.
The following is a list of items needed:
- T-shirts (all sizes/solid colors)
- Diapers (sizes 3-6)
- Jogging/yoga pants (all sizes)
- Baby items (wipes, ointment, powder)
- Socks, bras, and underwear (all sizes)
- Hair products (including combs and brushes)
- Toddler clothing (2T-5) in season
- Makeup, nail polish, and cosmetic bags
- Feminine products
- Family-sized toiletries (toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorant, razors, shampoo and conditioner)
Staff Council requests that all items submitted are new — no used items will be accepted. If you cannot decide what to give, gifts cards in $20 increments are acceptable. Wal-Mart, Target, Burger King, and McDonald's are acceptable gift card options. These donation can be given to Debora Evans, staff council member and manager of shipping and receiving and mailroom.
Drop-off location are as follows:
- Mailroom - N101
- Library - Fifth floor, front desk
- Admission - GSB308
- Computer Lab - S800
- College of Public Service Advising Office - B400
- Student Life Center - Gym
- Staff Council Bulletin Board - Third floor, OMB
For more info contact Evans at 713-223-7790.