Construction Update: Work Affecting the Garage and Parking Lots
To accommodate construction of the Welcome Center/Garage, the Academic Building Garage entry/exit will again have to be reduced to a single drive lane for brief periods. The effected dates are:
- Saturday, August 2 through Monday, August 4
- Saturday, August 9 and Monday, August 11
- Saturday, August 16 and Monday, August 18
- Saturday, August 30 and Tuesday, September 2
Note the Academic Building Garage is not being closed entirely on these days. Vaughn Construction flagmen will be on site to assist with traffic control from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. After 3:30 p.m., the entrance and exit lanes will return to two-lane operations with functioning gate arms. On all Mondays and Tuesday, September 2, reserved parking permit and disabled parking permit holders will need to use their proxy cards to exit the garage after 3:30 p.m.
Also, to prepare for the start of the fall semester, the university will be working to refresh several university parking lots. The schedule is:
- Faculty/Staff Replacement Lot A and Faculty/Staff/Student Replacement Lot B will be closed on Saturday, August 2, and Sunday, August 3.
- Wood Street Lot will be closed on Sunday, August 3.
On these days, permit-holding employees may use the Academic Building Garage, being mindful of the single entry/exit driving lane. Those choosing to avoid the construction around the Academic Building Garage altogether will also be able to park in the Vine Street Garage, as all proxy cards for permit-holding employees have been programmed to access the Vine Street Garage.