Construction-Related Utility, Power Outages Scheduled This Weekend
In support of the Girard Street Building/Welcome Center construction project, the Facilities Management Department will perform two tasks over the next week to connect utilities to that building, which will have an impact on other buildings on campus.
- A chilled water shutdown will be required between 2 p.m. Saturday, March 13 and 7 a.m. Sunday, March 15. The One Main Building (OMB), Academic Building and Student Life Center will be without air conditioning for this period.
- An electrical power outage will be required on Friday, March 20. The OMB, Academic and Student Life Center elevators, air conditioning, water, power and light systems will be out of service. These buildings will therefore be closed from 5 a.m. Friday, March 20 until 7 a.m. Saturday, March 21.
- Remote access to all IT systems will be unavailable for a short period of time during this power outage. The exact time of this disruption is not currently known.
- Faculty and staff are reminded to please turn off all electrical devices (including computers, radios, lights, lamps, calculators) when leaving your area prior to Friday, March 20.
- Police, Information Technology and Facilities Management staff will be the only personnel permitted in the closed buildings during this period.
- UHD Police will be coordinating communications at this time and will be available from off-campus locations by calling 713-221-8065 or 713-221-1028.
If you need any additional information please email Chris McCall or call ext. 8030. Thank you for your cooperation.