Center for Public Deliberation to Host Forum on Economic Equality
As part of Houston's Citizenship Month, the UHD Center for Public Deliberation (CPD) invites students, faculty, staff and community members to participate in an interactive forum titled "Making Ends Meet: How Can We Spread Prosperity and Improve Opportunity?" The forum will be held Wednesday, Nov. 11, 9:30-11:45 a.m., in room A300.
Participants in this forum will discuss ways to help more people prosper in our communities. Organizers emphasize the importance of having community members involved in the dialogue because this is an issue that affects many in our society. To start the discussion, three approaches will be shared:
- Create New Opportunities
- Ensure Stability Even When Jobs Are at Risk
- Reduce Inequality
To ensure that seats are available, participants are encouraged to register online. Admission includes breakfast and coffee.
Visitors to UHD can reserve free parking by emailing Windy Lawrence, Ph.D., founder and director of UHD CPD.
Event sponsors include:
- Avenue Community Development Corporation
- Citizenship Month Houston
- Houston Housing Authority
- Lone Star College
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
- The Institute for Business Ethics and Public Issues
- UHD Center for Critical Race Studies
- UHD Center for Public Deliberation (CPD)
- UHD O'Kane Gallery
- UHD Student Government Association (SGA)
The UHD CPD is a collaborative, nonpartisan group that encourages citizens to actively participate in the deliberative democracy process through public discussions about issues that affect their lives.