Can You Spell S-C-R-A-B-B-L-E?
By: Mary Ann Cozza
Students, faculty and staff are invited to test their brain power at the 2nd Annual Nicole LaRose Memorial Scrabble Tournament from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sept. 27 in the UHD Cafeteria.
The suggested donation is $10 for students and $25 for all others. They can be made at the door or via any of the methods provided at http://www.uhd.edu/advancement/makeagiftrev.html. Donations will support the Nicole M. LaRose Scholarship Endowment, so please indicate that if using the above website.
In addition to Scrabble, a series of Bananagrams games will be available with a suggested donation of $5 per game.
Scrabble game format:
- 2 games (5:30 and 7 p.m.)
- Players will be randomly assigned to tables (3-4 players each)
- Turns and games will be time-limited
- Rules will be announced prior to the games
- Prizes will be awarded to top single games scorers
To register, send an email to Michelle Moosally (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name and whether you want to play the 5:30 p.m. or 7 p.m. game, or both. If you prefer to play Bananagrams, please state that.