Calling ALL Creative Gators
Office of the Provost Holiday Card Design Contest
Calling ALL Creative Gators! UHD students are invited to submit their designs for the Office of the Provost Holiday Card Design Contest. The contest deadlines is 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 15.
- Only currently enrolled UHD students may submit an entry. One entry per student.
- The submitted design must incorporate the theme, "Winter in Houston," for consideration.
- The design can include the approved UHD logos, but not individual college logos.
- Cards can NOT include photographs or images of individuals.
- Card art should not exceed the standard 5 x 7 inches, vertical or horizontal orientation, high resolution: 300 dpi.
- Designs must be your own original work (i.e. not copyright infringement, trademarks or intellectual property rights of others).
- No Adult content (sex, profanity, drugs, alcohol, etc.). Inappropriate designs will be disqualified.
All entries must be submitted to email@example.com with the following information:
- Artwork/Photography Title
- Class Year, if applicable
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Completed and Signed Media Release Form
The winner will be announced at 10 a.m. on Dec. 2. The winning designer will have their design featured on the Office of the Provost Holiday Card and receive a Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones.
For questions, contact Leah Long at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) is the second-largest university in Houston and has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974. As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive, four-year university led by President Loren J. Blanchard. Annually, UHD educates approximately 14,000 students, boasts more than 66,000 alumni, and offers 45 bachelor’s degrees, 12 master’s degrees, and 19 online programs within four colleges: Marilyn Davies College of Business, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Public Service, and College of Sciences and Technology. UHD has one of the lowest tuition rates in Texas.
U.S. News and World Report ranked UHD among the nation’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Applied Administration and Best Online Master’s Programs in Criminal Justice, as well as a Top Performer in Social Mobility. The Wall Street Journal/College Pulse ranked UHD one of the best colleges in the U.S. for its 2024 rankings, with notable distinctions: No. 1 for diversity (tied) and No. 3 for student experience. The University is designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, a Minority-Serving Institution, and a Military Friendly School. For more information on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit uhd.edu.