And The Chili Cook-Off Winner Is...
The results of the 2019 UHD Staff Council Chili Cook-off are in!
The winners are listed below. Congrats to all the teams that participated and helped make the event possible.
1st place – C_SET_Flavor! – Sherry Ellis
2nd place – Gator Finest – Michael Benford
3rd place – Gator Bayou Cookers – Michael Manuel
People's Choice: Cool Arrow Cookers
Best Dessert: IN the B.A.G – Bobbi Shaw
Best Décor: Chili, Chili Bang Bang – Paula Jannett
The UHD Staff Council also thanks all of the teams for participating this year:
- Bad & Boujee, Stefany Records, Team Captain
- IT Chili Willie, Anthony Samudio, Team Captain
- In The B.A.G., Bobbi Shaw, Team Captain
- Chili, Chili Bang Bang, Paula Jannett, Team Captain
- Cool Arrow Cookers, Alex Alvarez, Team Captain
- KA Tailgators, Lorenzo Morales, Team Captain
- Chili Reaction, Bruce Greer, Team Captain
- Fa-CHILI-ties, Janet Dyer, Team Captain
- Gators Finest, Michael Benford, Team Captain
- Clutch - City Chili aka "Triple C", Sanchez Yesenia, Team Captain
- Chili Nelson, Albert Alonzo, Team Captain
- Kiss My Cold Fusion, Fetera Henry, Team Captain
- Gator Bayou Cookers, Michael Manuel, Team Captain
- The Tiki Chili Evolution (Dropped Out), Roxanne Palomo, Team Captain
- C_SET_Flavor!, Sherry Ellis, Team Captain
- Sweethearts, Kimberly Valencia, Team Captain
The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)—the second largest university in Houston—has served the educational needs of the nation’s fourth-largest city since 1974.
As one of four distinct public universities in the University of Houston System, UHD is a comprehensive four-year university led by Dr. Juan Sánchez Muñoz. Annually, UHD educates more than 14,000 students; boasts over 50,000 alumni and offers 44 bachelor’s and eight master’s degree programs within five colleges (Marilyn Davies College of Business; Humanities & Social Sciences; Public Service, Sciences & Technology; and University College). In 2018, UHD grew its First Time in College student population by 11 percent and transfer students by 14 percent.
UHD has the most affordable tuition among four-year universities in Houston. It also is ranked among 15 U.S. universities with lowest net price to students (according to the U.S. Department of Education). The University is noted nationally as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution and a Minority-Serving Institution. For more on the University of Houston-Downtown, visit www.uhd.edu.