UHD Inaugural Ring Ceremony April 28
By Sheryl E. Taylor
Photo: Thomas B. Shea
The University of Houston-Downtown is celebrating its graduating Gators in May with an inaugural Ring Ceremony event at 10 a.m. on Saturday, April 28 in the Special Events Center, Academic Building Room A300.
The goal of this event is for it to become a capstone tradition for all graduating Gators as they transition into the next phases of their academic plans and careers. The new addition, the bronze Gator, located on the South Deck will also be incorporated into the ceremony.
"This inaugural ring ceremony is critical in establishing a stronger sense of community and connection with our students," said Samuel Santos, assistant vice president for Student Affairs and Dean of Students. "We hope that the UHD ring will begin to carry a greater sense of significance and the ring ceremony will assist with this goal. Additionally, creating this moment to celebrate with our students and their families will hopefully become one of our most popular traditions."
Ring Ceremony Details
Saturday, April 28 at 10 a.m.
Special Events Center, Academic Building, Room A300
- 9 a.m. student check-in (near the mural area outside of Room A300. We ask that you arrive no later than 9:30 a.m.)
- Ceremony begins promptly at 10 a.m. with a procession of graduates.
- Official UHD photographer will take photos with students and UHD President, Dr. Juan Sánchez Muñoz.
- The doors for A-300 will be open at 9 a.m. for students and invited guests.
- No tickets required for guests, seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Parking for the event is free, the visitor's parking garage, 201 Girard Street, is open to students and guests who are attending the event.
- The program will last approximately one hour and conclude with a toast near the new bronze Gator statute on the South Deck.
RSVP for this event here.