The University of Houston-Downtown will continue to send regular updates to faculty, staff and students regarding the University’s recovery from Harvey. See the latest news below:
Campus Reopening Sept. 5
The UHD Downtown campus is closed through Sept. 4 and will reopen on Sept. 5. Classes at UHD Northwest and Lone Star College-CyFair will also resume on Sept. 5. Classes at Lone Star Kingwood will resume on Sept 5, but they will be taught online.
New Student FAQ Available
Information for students regarding admissions, financial aid, classes at Lone Star College campuses, the application process for the Gator Relief Fund, and many other topics are available here.
Administrative Processing Hour
UHD will reopen at 8 a.m., Sept. 5, but some offices will remain closed until 9:30 a.m. for administrative processes. These offices include:
- Academic Advising Centers
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences Advising Office
- College of Science and Technology Advising Office
- College of Public Service Advising Office
- Marilyn Davies College of Business Advising Office
- Disability Services
- Gator Success Center
- Registrar’s Office
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Testing Services
- University College Advising Office
- Veteran Services
Temporary Child Watch Expansion
UHD will offer an expansion of our Child Watch services on a temporary basis to support UHD faculty, staff and students in meeting their supplemental childcare needs. Visit the UHD Child Watch website for additional details on this campus service.
A few highlights of the expansion include:
- Expand child watch beyond ages 3 – 9 to include ages 10 – 12
- Expand current hours of 8 a.m. – 8:30 p.m., Monday – Thursday to include Friday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Child Watch fee waiver to those who qualify
- Each child will be granted a maximum of 12 hours per week in child watch. Exceptions can be requested and will be reviewed by the Child Watch Administrator.
- This temporary expansion will only be available Sept. 5 – 22
Entire UHD Campus Gun Free Starting Sept. 5
Houston Independent School District is closed through Sept. 11, and many faculty, staff and students parents are expected to have children on campus next week. With that in mind, the UHD campus will remain a gun free zone starting Sept 5. The campus community will be notified when this status changes. In compliance with SB11 – or the Campus Carry Law – UHD requires that any areas of campus occupied by children be designated as gun free zones. Additional details on UHD’s Campus Carry policies are available here.
Gator Relief Fund
UHD President Dr. Juan Sánchez Muñoz recently announced the Gator Relief Fund, supporting students affected by Harvey. Faculty, staff and students can contribute to this fund here.
Employee Resources Page
Traffic and Roadways
Roads immediately surrounding UHD are accessible. If you are coming to campus, please be safe and use resources such as Houston TranStar to check roadways before driving.