Highlights from UHD’s Career Development Center:
- Lisa Marie Gonzalez-Hatfield, career coach for the College of Public Service (CPS), kicked off the spring semester by executing their semester High Impact Award-winning event, “Speeding Networking Luncheon.” She can be found meeting with CPS students in the Commerce Building on Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3 to 5 p.m.
- Marti Trummer, career coach for the College of Humanities and Social Science, has been working closely with faculty to submit a grant proposal to teach students industry-specific software, and present information on how to effectively market the skills they develop here at UHD.
- Wendy Cooper, career coach for University College, met with students during the Second Year Experience program about experiences that develop their career readiness skills. Cooper collaborated with University College and UHD Alumni Association to launch the very first Interdisciplinary Studies Alumni Panel on April 20.
- Kathy Knapp, coach for the College of Sciences and Technology, escorted a group of students on the MetroRail to meet employers at the University of Houston STEM Career fair last month. She also provided information about careers for students at the Career Xceleration 2017 event.
- The department recently hired new administrative assistant, Marina Dehoyos Stevens, who will provide budgetary support to guide all departmental activities.
- Jesse Lopez, external relations coordinator, organized the April 20 Career Connections Fair—bringing more than 40 employers to UHD.