The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) Chili Cook-off Tasting Tickets are available for presale. At the cook-off, Gators will enjoy a great evening with fellow UHD staff, students, faculty, alumni, friends and family. Children under age five are free.
Ticket Purchasing Options:
- Employment Services & Operation (ESO) – S910
- Parking & Transportation Office – N117
- Cashier’s Office – S310
All proceeds go towards Staff Council events and the Edge Award for professional development. Click here for a special message from Interim President Olivas.
Reminder: Chili Cook-off team registration ends Friday, March 10. Registration packets are available at ESO in room S910.
UHD Employee Event Guidelines
- Since cook-off team participation requires members prepare several hours in advance, staff participating on teams do not have to take vacation leave between 12:30 and 4:30 p.m. during this University-sponsored event.
- Participating hourly employees should not punch out at 12:30 p.m. Instead, their managers or TRAM administrators will adjust their timesheets to show work until 4:30 p.m. However, if scheduled to work beyond 4:30 p.m., hourly employees will need to take vacation leave for the remaining time.
- On March 24, at least one person must be on duty in each department until 5 p.m. to accept calls, receive visitors, or transact business, as required by state law. In addition, since this is a University function, alcohol may not be consumed before 5 p.m. If an employee chooses to consume alcohol prior to 5 p.m., they must take accrued paid leave (vacation or compensatory time).
The UHD Chili Cook-off event is organized by the UHD Staff Council.