By: Mary Ann Cozza
ACCION, a multi-state nonprofit organization that provides solutions to business owners’ financing needs, will present a two-day bootcamp on how microfinance fits into economics and community development. All UHD students, as well as community leaders, bankers, economic development leaders, advocates, policy makers and business owners are invited to attend.
The itinerary is as follows:
Friday Feb. 24:
- Session 1: Understanding of Economic and Community Development
- Session 2: How Microfinance Fits in A Community
- Session 3: Roundtable Practitioners and Business Owners
Saturday, Feb. 25:
- The Alternative Lending World
- ACCION Texas Story
- The Houston Landscape
- The World of Business Education
- Houston Potential & Landscape
- Building Stronger Communities through Partnerships and Services
- Stories from the Field
ACCION Texas recently partnered with the UHD College of Business for an internship program, scheduled to launch this semester. To read that story, click here.
For more information, contact email@example.com or 210-685-8377.