By: Mary Ann Cozza
UHD’s College of Business Meet the Industry event is tomorrow from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Shea Street Building. The list of companies represented and planned sessions is impressive and sure to benefit attending students.
8 – 8:50 a.m. – Networking Breakfast for Panelists and Faculty
- After parking, please take the elevator to the 4th floor and proceed to the conference room. Name tags will be in the conference room for panelists attending breakfast. PANELISTS NOT JOINING BREAKFAST WILL PROCEED TO THE 1st FLOOR TO PICK UP NAME TAGS. ROOM ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE DISPLAYED ON THE FIRST FLOOR.
9 – 10:30 a.m. – Keynote Panel Session
- Moderator: Dr. Forrest Aven, Associate Dean, College of Business, UHD. Keynote speakers: Ms. Victoria Chin, VP, AIG Investments; Nick Scribner, Market Manager, Wal-Mart; Jesse Thompson III, Business Economist, Federal Reserve Bank and Bradford Witmer, CFO, Zone Energy.
10:45 a.m. – Noon — Niche Morning Sessions
- M1 – Federal Reserve Bank: Moderator: Dr. Ohannes “John” Paskelian, Assistant Professor, FACIS Dept., College of Business, UHD. Panelists: Bo Conway, National Business Expert; Angela Gobert-Conway, Branch Recruiter and HR Representative; Angie Montelongo, Branch HR Manager; Eddie Montezuma, Operations/Budget Specialist; Raymond Rincon, Bank Management Intern, Federal Reserve Bank
- M2 – IRM: Moderator: Wendall Braniff, JD, MS, Director, Insurance & Risk Management Center, College of Business, UHD. Panelists: Andy Simmons, Houston Middle Market Executive Sales Underwriter, Hartford Insurance Group; Amanda J. Mount, RN, BSN, JD, CPHRM, Senior Vice President, Houston Health Care Practice Leader, Willis of Texas, Inc.; Carl Collins, Filed Product Line Manager, Auto Travelers
- M3 – Retail Management: Moderator: Tracy Davis, Director, Center for Retail Management, College of Business, UHD. Panelists: Wesley Fisher, Director of Corporate Human Resources and Travel, Academy Sports and Outdoors; Stephen Martin, SPHR, Gulf Region HR Director, Southern Division at Home Depot; Jerry Peacock, Regional Director of Operations, Wal-Mart; Cathy Villarreal, College Recruiting and Relocation Manager, Stage Stores
Noon – 1:20 p.m. – LUNCH (2nd floor)
- The menu is catered by Maggianos, and includes vegetarian offerings of salad and non-meat pasta.
Noon – 1:20 p.m. – Recruitment Opportunity
- Recruitment tables should be set-up between 11:30 – 11:45 a.m. Company representatives will be served lunch between 11:30 a.m. – noon. Note that a session might end at 11:45am if students do not have questions for panelists. Generally, students are most active from 12:15pm onwards. Please indicate the number of individuals staffing these tables, their names, titles and company so we may print name tags.
1:30 – 2:45 p.m. – Afternoon Niche Panel Sessions
- A1 – Supply Chain: Moderator: Dr. Jeff Adams, Assistant Professor, MMBA Dept., College of Business, UHD. Panelists: Joseph Britt, Director of Procurement and Contract Administration at Neighborhood Centers Inc.; Phillip Ellison, MBA, C.P.M., Executive Director, Supply Chain Services, Spring Independent School District; Laverna Cullop, SW Regional HR Manager, JB Hunt
- A2 – CIS: Moderator: Dr. Peter DeVries, Associate Professor, FACIS Dept., College of Business, UHD. Panelists: Brian Gaubert, Co-founder, CEO, ContentActive, LLC.; Vivek Dixit, Leadership Partner, Gartner for Enterprise Leaders; Kanai Pathak, Global Data Center Manager, Schlumberger; Scott I. Zeitz, Senior IT Leader and Manager, IT Department, Harris County Flood Control District
- A3 – Accounting: Moderator: Dr. Marvin Williams, Professor, FACIS Dept., College of Business, UHD. Panelists: Victoria Gordon, Auditor, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts; Scott Bushnell, CPA, CFF-Business Interruption Claim Preparation, Director Legal & Economic Consulting, Sirius Solutions, L.L.L.P; Michael Landers, Principal, UHY LLP.