International Education Week at UHD
By: Mary Ann Cozza
November 14-19 has been designated as International Education Week by the U.S. Department of State and the Department of Education to raise awareness, celebrate diversity and promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment.
This year's theme is International Education: Inspiring Students Locally to Succeed Globally.
UHD's International Education Committee has organized the below events in honor of International Education Week:
- Global Awareness Challenge - Test Your Knowledge of the World: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday, Nov. 14, third floor, Academic Building
- ELI Panel "What it Means to be an International Student - the Early Days": noon to 1 p.m., Monday, Nov. 14, Cullen Robertson Auditorium, Academic Building
- International Careers Panel: 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 15, Cullen Robertson Auditorium, Academic Building
- UHD Study Abroad Fair: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 16, third floor, Academic Building
- Celebrating Cultures of the World: 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 16, third floor, Academic Building
- UHD Salseros and the History of Salsa: 11 a.m. to noon Thursday, Nov. 17, third floor, Academic Building
For more information, contact Leena Thacker Kumar at firstname.lastname@example.org.